Hamdard University, Karachi is offering 4-years The Bachelor of Science degree in Total Quality Management. BS-TQM has been specially developed to cater for the present and future needs of the national and international industries / organizations. PIQC Institute of Quality is providing technical assistance to Hamdard University, Karachi in the development and the delivery of this program.
In the present day industry around the globe, there is a need for graduates who have both the technical and management abilities to manage the technical / industrial organizations. Only engineering or management education independently is now considered insufficient. Therefore, the combination of both the engineering and management aspects of industries are essential to cater for the needs of progressing industries. This BS in Quality Management program is especially designed to provide a broad-based knowledge and skills to students to build their technical and management abilities in industries. It provides a sound foundation in the fundamentals of manufacturing technologies, engineering and management. This program is primarily for the students who intend to build their career as entrepreneur or in industrial leadership. It is based upon the coherent core themes of manufacturing leadership, industrial & Quality Management processes, business functions and management systems. This program is targeted at the technical and managerial posts of product and service oriented organizations.
Final semester student is required to go through internship program for 2 Credit Hrs that is around six weeks with reputable organizations.
- A career building program which provides multiple opportunities to start career in the technical / industrial organizations.
- A comprehensive degree program with a mix of technical and management scheme of studies which is more aligned to the production / service oriented set-ups.
- Compatibility with international degree program.
- It helps to evaluate and apply various statistical quality control techniques used in manufacturing and service industries and effectively apply tools and techniques of quality improvement.
- There is wide variety of jobs for quality managers that include, but are not limited to, quality production specialist, quality management specialist, healthcare quality management professional, service quality manager and product quality manager.
- Normal Duration: 4 – Years (8 – Semesters)
- Course Cr. Hrs. 132 Credit Hours
- Internship: 2 Credit Hours
- Research Project: 6 Credit Hours
- Total Number of Courses: 44 Courses (3 Cr. Hrs. each) + Proj. + I/Ship
12 years of education (with minimum 50% marks
- Study Skill
- Freshmen English-1
- Information Technology in Business
- Islamic Studies/ Ethics
- Fundamentals of Quality
- Freshmen English-2
- Macro Economics
- Pakistan Studies
- Introduction to Metrology
- Business English
- Foreign Language
- History of Ideas
- Introduction to Business Finance
- Oral Communication & Presentation Skills
- Environmental Management
- Information System
- Business Ethics
- Media Studies
- Financial Accounting
- Procurement Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Descriptive Statistics
- Micro Economics
- Business Communication
- Cost & Management Accounting
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management
- Basics of Project Management
- Financial Management
- Operations Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Business Research Methods
- Business and Industrial Law
- Quality Management System Standards
- Statistical Process Control
- Lean Six Sigma
- Production Planning and Control
- Manufacturing Processes
- Research Project
Duration: 4 – Years
Venue: Hamdard University, Karachi
Course Instructor: A pool of competent Practitioners and Academicians