Healthcare services today are scrutinized, measured, evaluated and publicized as never before. An increasing educated public expects to receive nothing less than excellent care and services and it must be the mission of every healthcare organization to deliver the excellence. Quality improvement is the process of continually evaluating existing processes of care and developing new standards of practices and therefore has to be core competency for every healthcare professional.
Therefore, there is a strong need of qualified healthcare professionals to run the healthcare organizations emphasizing on patient safety, no errors and to deliver quality services round the clock with minimum cost.
This is 2-years MBA degree program in Healthcare Management offering by Hamdard University, Karachi which prepares the students to play principal roles in healthcare organizations and to imbibe to the norms of this constantly changing industry.
PIQC Institute of Quality is providing technical assistance to Hamdard University, Karachi in the development and the delivery of this degree program.
- The most significant benefit of this MBA program is an emphasis on financial planning and cost-benefit analysis. It provides students the tools and knowledge they need to take advantage of opportunities and mitigate the risks that accompany high-level decisions
- Able to streamlining the operations of healthcare organizations to ensure prompt and effective care.
- It will provide more flexible career path for professionals who want to make a positive impact by taking on leadership positions in Healthcare industry
- Will be having leadership quality to inspire confidence in their employees and motivate them to work harder to achieve better results for patients in their care.
- Students will learn to handle real life healthcare delivery situations.
- Get high level of skills in applying process improvement tools and techniques to any kind of healthcare operation.
- Normal Duration: 2 – Years (4 – Semesters)
- Course Cr. Hrs. 66 Credit Hours
- Internship: 2 Credit Hours
- Research Project: 6 Credit Hours
- Total Number of Courses: 22 Courses (3 Cr. Hrs. each) + Proj. + I/Ship
16 years of education (with minimum 50% marks)
- Financial Accounting
- Principle of Management
- Principle of Marketing
- Business Mathematics and Statistics
- Healthcare Quality Concepts
- Business Economics
- Healthcare Cost and Management Accounting
- Introduction to Epidemiology
- Healthcare Marketing Management
- People Management in Healthcare
- Operations Management
- Statistical Inference
- Introduction to Business Finance
- Business Research Methods
- Healthcare Standards and Surveys
- Healthcare Regularity Requirements
- Strategic Leadership in Healthcare
- Healthcare Quality Function Management
- Healthcare Information Management
- Healthcare Performance Improvement Process
- Risk and Patient Safety Management
- Lean Six Sigma Methodology
- Maintenance Management
- Research Project
Duration: 2 – Years
Venue: Hamdard University, Karachi
Course Instructor: A pool of competent Practitioners and Academicians