Hamdard University, Karachi is offering 4-years The Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Management. BS-IM has been specially developed to cater for the present and future needs of the national and international industries / organizations. PIQC Institute of Quality is providing technical assistance to Hamdard University, Karachi in the development and the delivery of this program.
Industrial management, as a field of business administration, studies the structure and organization of industrial companies. It comprises those fields of business administration that are necessary for the success of companies within the manufacturing sector and the encompassing services. This program is designed for the students who intend to build their career as entrepreneur or in industrial leadership. It is based upon the coherent core themes of manufacturing leadership, industrial & Quality Management processes, business functions and management systems. This program is targeted at the technical and managerial posts of product and service oriented organizations.
Final semester student is required to go through internship program for 2 Credit Hrs that is around six weeks with reputable organizations.
Upon completing the course the student will be able to:
- Choose, prepare, interpret and use cost estimates as a basis for the different situations in an industrial company.
- Explain how strategic planning, management, management control, entrepreneurship, organization, production and learning works in an industrial company.
- Explain how the industrial company markets and price it’s products Explain how the company deal with it’s environment.
- Account for and analyze a selection of organizational management concepts and models related to industrial entrepreneurship.
- Normal Duration: 4 – Years (8 – Semesters)
- Course Cr. Hrs. 132 Credit Hours
- Internship: 2 Credit Hours
- Research Project: 6 Credit Hours
- Total Number of Courses: 44 Courses (3 Cr. Hrs. each) + Proj. + I/Ship
12 years of education (with minimum 50% marks)
- Study Skill
- Freshmen English-1
- Information Technology in Business
- Islamic Studies/ Ethics
- Fundamentals of Quality
- Freshmen English-2
- Macro Economics
- Pakistan Studies
- Procurement Management
- Business English
- Foreign Language
- History of Ideas
- Introduction to Business Finance
- Oral Communication & Presentation Skills
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Information System
- Business Ethics
- Media Studies
- Financial Accounting
- Inventory Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Descriptive Statistics
- Micro Economics
- Business Communication
- Cost & Management Accounting
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management
- Basics of Project Management
- Financial Management
- Operations Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Business Research Methods
- Business and Industrial Law
- Supply Chain Management
- Statistical Process Control
- Lean Six Sigma
- Business Policy
- Production Planning and Control
- Research Project
Duration: 4 – Years
Venue: Hamdard University, Karachi
Course Instructor: A pool of competent Practitioners and Academicians