One Year Post Graduate Diploma in Reliability Engineering, is a program specially to distinguish professionals. Who have gained and successfully demonstrated unquestionable expertise in field of reliability engineering. It provides a sound foundation in product/system safety, reliability, and maintainability.
Key Benefits of One Year Post Graduate Diploma in Reliability Engineering:
- Increase the useful lifetime of products. And reduce the time to market, and improve service.
- Reduce equipment downtime, life-cycle cost. And the costs of failure and warranty.
- Determine and correct the causes of failures before failures occur
- Increase customer satisfaction through fewer unit failures.
- Improve safety through risk reduction.
- Maintain reliability during the rapid evolution of new material And methods, and complex systems.
1. The candidates desirous to seek admission in PGD Reliability Engineering programme should fulfill any of the following minimum criteria:
- Any graduate non-engineer with at least 14 years of education with minimum 2nd Division from an HEC recognized institution either in Science or allied subjects with content on statistics and probability or having exposure to statistics such as data collection and analysis with at least 2 years of related work experience.
- Graduate engineer with minimum 2nd Division from an HEC recognized institution.
- Other candidate with minimum 14 years of education with demonstrated familiarity with statistical concepts. And probability and profile suited to meet the complexity and content of the programme. This would be based on interview and subsequent decision by concerned Dean upon recommendation.
2. Number of seats are not fixed and will vary from intake to intake.
3. Merit list of successful candidates will be prepared in accordance with criteria as under:
- Fulfilling minimum admission criteria.
- Undergraduate result.
- Interview, if required.
Module 1: RELIABILITY MANAGEMENT
Role of Reliability in Organization and System improvement, Relationship Between quality and Reliability, Product and Process Development, Warranty Management, Assessment of Requirements, Failure related terminologies, Reliability and Product Life-cycle, Risk Management tools, Hazard Analysis, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Ethical issues.
Module 2: QUANTITATIVE METHODS IN RELIABILITY ENGINEERING
Probability concepts, Discrete Probability Distributions (Binomial, Hyper-geometric, Poisson etc.), Continuous Probability Distributions (Normal, Exponential, Wei bull, log-normal etc.), Poisson process models, Statistical Process Control, Process Capability Indices, Point and Interval Estimates, hazard functions.
Module 3: RELIABILITY IN DESIGN AND OPERATIONS
Stress-strength analysis, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Failure Mode, Effects, and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) and Success Tree Analysis (STA), Tolerance and Worst Case Analyses, Robust Design Techniques, Design for X (DFX), Product Specifications (such as MTBF, MTBUMA, Service Interval).
Module 4: RELIABILITY MODELING AND TESTING
Reliability data sources, Series, Parallel and Redundant Models, Arrhenius Model, S-N Curve, Monte Carlo Simulations, Components and Systems Analysis, Test Strategies (truncation, test-to-failure, etc.), Accelerated Life Testing (ALT), Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT), Product Reliability Acceptance Testing (PRAT), Ongoing Reliability Testing (Sequential Probability Ratio Test (SPRT), Stress Screening (ESS, HASS, burn-in tests), Attribute Testing (binomial, hypergeometric), Degradation (wear–to-failure) testing
Module 5: MAINTENANCE STRATEGIES
Maintenance Strategies; Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM); Preventive Maintenance; Corrective Maintenance; Non-destructive evaluation and testing; RCM Decision Diagram; RCM effectiveness; Root Cause Analysis; Preventive and Corrective Actions; Failure Analysis Methods; Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action.
SPEAKERS / FACILITATORS
The following existing faculty within the Departments of Mechanical Engineering. And Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering would be the lead faculty of the programme
- Mr. Imranulla Sharif Chief Operating Officer, PIQC Institute of Quality
- Dr. Amir Iqbal Chairman, Department of Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering
- Dr. Wasif Asst. Prof., Department of Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering
- Mr. Ali Zulqarnain Asst. Prof., Department of Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering
- Dr. Mubashir Ali Siddiqui Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering
Additionally, qualified and relevantly experienced industry experts will also be engaged as guest speakers in various courses. To provide their valuable insights, as and when required. In this regard, approach will be made to qualified personnel in due time in this One Year Post Graduate Diploma in Reliability Engineering.